Lydiate Parish Council are opposed to the planning proposal from Falck Renewables Wind Limited and their development partners Coriolis Energy for a wind farm of up to 24 wind turbines at Lower Alt. Although this proposal is within the West Lancs area, the land identified will have significant impact on areas in Sefton.
(Information about the proposals can be found at: http://www.loweraltwindfarm.co.uk/)
At the meeting of Lydiate Parish Council on 28 May 2013, the following resolution was passed:
Lydiate Parish Council, having taken account of local concerns and the recent public exhibition held in the Parish, wish to raise the following concerns and objections to the plan that is presently before West Lancs Borough Council.
• We have significant ecological concerns regarding the location of the proposed development. They relate to negative potential impacts on bird species and designated breeding sites within Sefton and within West Lancashire.
• In our view the plans do not consider the effects of the proposals on the agricultural land. There is a high proportion of ‘Best and Most Versatile’ agricultural land in the area and its potential loss is a significant concern.
• The area in which the development is proposed is low lying and thinly populated. The landscape has wide open views. The local character of the landscape will be hugely and negatively impacted on by this proposal.
• Noise generated by the proposed development is a significant concern.
• Shadow Flicker – again a significant concern of Lydiate residents.
A local group of residents have also set up an opposition group. Their website is: http://www.h-alt.info/
Last modified: September 27, 2013